odbc and python

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Mon Jun 6 09:01:14 EDT 2005

Giles Brown wrote:
> MM wrote:
>
>>Are there any other odbc packages other than the win32all and mxodbc
>>ones? The win32all odbc.pyd can't access table structure info like
>>SQLColumns, and mxobdc requires a commercial license which is
>>unjustifiable for this tiny project. Any other OS alternatives for
>>win32?. Thanks.
>

> You could potentially make the ODBC calls using ctypes a la:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/303667
>
> Not tried this myself and imagine it could be a bit tedious.
>
> Cheers,
> Giles

This is the new version that work very well into my projects:

http://unipex.it/vario/RealPyOdbc.py

This can work on all the platforms where ctypes work.
In the future I'll make it db-api 2.0 compliant.
If you have some question, email me directly.

Bye,
Michele