XML + SOAP + Webservices

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Thu Jun 9 11:05:07 EDT 2005

> Basically, don't write the implementation to talk to the SOAP/WDSL-services
> in Python, find something else and this 'something else' produces an XML file
> which I then parse with Python?

For example - or better, instead of passing XML use an RPC mechanism
Python is good at - e.g. corba. So you could do some java
middleware-thing here, actually done in jython for convenience. Still,
not the nicest of architectures - but a goable way.

> win32 isn't an option, we only have *nix-boxes around and we plan to stay
> that way.

But can't you run some service on the .net-boxes? And what's about mono?
There is an .net based python out there - afaik even two: One is written
to be running on .net (and thus might be able to be running on mono,
interfacing .net-components remotely), one "only" gives access to .net
objects - so you could use that to create teh necessary middleware.

Diez