reg php.ini equivalent file in python

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Wed Jun 8 09:40:24 EDT 2005

praba kar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>       I have one doubt. Is there python.ini
> file like php.ini in Php?

There is no such thing in Python. Python is a programming
language. It doesn't try to be an operating system or a web
server. There are a number of web application toolkits
written in Python, but I don't know whether any of them
includes these kinds of resource limitations. The limitations
on execution time and memory size are handled by the operating
system. With Python, you don't have the convenience of
setting this in an OS independent way, but it seems from
you rext that it doesn't work OS independently in PHP either.
I don't know about post content length, but it seems strange
to me to set this globally. It's not as if the same maximum
length makes sense for all forms on a typical web site.