reg php.ini equivalent file in python

bruno modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Tue Jun 7 06:05:59 EDT 2005

praba kar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>       I have one doubt. Is there python.ini
> file like php.ini in Php?

bruno at localhost ~ $ python -h
usage: python [option] ... [-c cmd | file | -] [arg] ...
(snip)
PYTHONSTARTUP: file executed on interactive startup (no default)
(snip)

I guess this is the closer thing.

>       Actually php.ini file controls many aspects of
> PHP's behavior. The following details of php.ini
> will explain about it.
>
> max_execution_time = 5000     ; Maximum execution time
> of each script, in seconds (UNIX only)
>
> memory_limit = 134217728        ; Maximum amount of
> memory a script may consume (128MB)
>
> post_max_size = 67108864        ; Maximum POST-Content
> length (64MB)

All those settings are somewhat web-specific, and would not have much
meaning in most Python usages.

> If I want to update the above details in Python where
> I need to change these things in Python

This (if possible) depends on the web developpement solution you use
(cgi, mod_python, CherryPy, Webware, Zope, other...).

--
bruno desthuilliers