Python syntax high-lighting and preservation on web

Ryan Bowman ryanlbowman at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 18:22:21 EDT 2005

--- Gregory Piñero <gregpinero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Does anyone know where I can pick up a style sheet (css) and/or other
> files/programs I might need to display python code on my website with
> tab preservation(or replace with spaces) and colored syntax?  I want
> something similar to the python code on a page like this:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/303770
>
> (I think this is a python-list question although maybe it belongs in a
> css group?)  I figure some of you guys would have experience with
> this.
>
> -----

If you use emacs to edit your code another option is the package htmlize.el,
which produces an html file from a file as it is displayed in emacs, syntax
highlighting and indentation preserved.  I've used it a few times.  It produces
CSS in the head of the html code.

http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el.html

----
Ryan Bowman

I get the feeling that the compiler just skips over all the comments...
----