MS Compiler to build Python 2.3 extension

garyrob grobinson at transpose.com
Wed Jun 29 10:08:57 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have no Microsoft compilers on my hard disk. I recenly built a C API
Python extension for Python 2.3 on OS X, and now I need to build it for
Windows.

When I start Python 2.3 on Windows, it says it was built with "MS C
v.1200". I'm not sure how that maps to current Microsoft compiler
products.

Someone who works with me (at another location) has MS Visual Studio
Pro 6.0 which he isn't using and can send to me. Will that do the
trick? Or do I need to buy another package?

Thanks,
Gary

--

Gary Robinson