Which kid's beginners programming - Python or Forth?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Tue Jun 28 23:54:25 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10:22 pm, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Ivan Van Laningham <ivanlan at pauahtun.org> writes:
> > In which case, you should start with PostScript;-)  I learned it by
> > plugging a glass tty into the serial port on one of the very first
> > AppleWriters and typing away.  None of this fancy-shmancy '>>>'
> > business;-)  But what a great reward, having graphics come out the
> > printer when you typed 'show'.
>
> This is why Logo came with "turtle graphics". Something very simple,
> but very powerfull - and the kids could get immediate results from it.

I suppose it's worth mentioning then, that Python has it's own
implementation of turtle graphics?  I think it's in the standard
library, isn't it?  The "Live Wires" graphics module is also a good
start --- very similar to the kind of graphics interface that I had
when I was learning on my TRS-80 Color Computer with BASIC. ;-)