PySol not working on WinXP, SP2

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jun 1 23:25:25 EDT 2005

    Ivan> Nope.  The pyc files don't match the py files, and he imports the
    Ivan> pyc files directly.  That's what 'imp.load_compiled("__main__",
    Ivan> sys.argv[0])' means.  The windows version that Markus shipped
    Ivan> never included the .py files anyway, since he didn't need them.

Ivan,

It's not as slick as Brian Lenihan's OSX package, but all I needed was the
sound package (seems you have that), the raw source and the data directory
from a not-to-old PySol distribution to get going.  Until I downloaded
Brian's package this evening I just ran from source using Python from CVS.
I imagine you could do the same on Windows with Python 2.3 or 2.4.

    Ivan> I can get it working eventually, I suppose, but I was really
    Ivan> hoping someone else had done the work already, or at least had
    Ivan> pointers to docs on how to get it working.

Here's my "pysol" command:

    #!/bin/bash

    cd ~/src/pysol-4.82/src
    pythonw pysol.py

I'd be happy to package up a tar or zip file for you with a couple notes on
installing it.

Skip