PySol not working on WinXP, SP2

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Wed Jun 1 17:11:00 EDT 2005

Hi All--

James Carroll wrote:

> You might try finding the source to pysol, and you might notice that
> you have a bunch of *.py files and for each of those, a corresponding
> .pyc file.  If you delete all the pyc files, then they'll get
> re-created from the .py files, and you might be all set.

Nope.  The pyc files don't match the py files, and he imports the pyc
files directly.  That's what 'imp.load_compiled("__main__",
sys.argv[0])' means.  The windows version that Markus shipped never
included the .py files anyway, since he didn't need them.

Getting the source and trying to run it directly would work if there
were any doc help at all, but there's none.  What little there is is
aimed at Linux.  Makefiles need to be constructed, & there are templates
that get filled out automatically.

I can get it working eventually, I suppose, but I was really hoping
someone else had done the work already, or at least had pointers to docs
on how to get it working.

Metta,
Ivan