Which kid's beginners programming - Python or Forth?

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Tue Jun 28 19:55:04 EDT 2005

Rocco Moretti wrote:

> It's been quite some time since I've looked at Forth, and the reference
> material that I used then was probably outdated anyway.

Sorry, thought of one more thing Python has going for it vs. Forth -
reference material. Check the catalog of your local library. I'd guess
that there is more choice for Python programming books vs. Forth
programming books. If your local library does have a Forth book, it's
likely that it'll be discussing some 1970's interpreter that ran on a
now-defunct timesharing system, if mine is any indication.

If you can afford to buy books, the selection at a new or used
bookseller is going to be *much* better with Python than with Forth. My
local new bookseller has at least a shelf of Python books. I don't think
I saw any Forth ones last time I was there - they might have had a
single title that I missed.