compile python in release...

Fri Jun 3 09:47:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

I try to install two Python environments on my platform: one in release,
the other in debug.

I generate the RELEASE Python environment with the following instructions :
    > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/python --enable-shared
    > make

My problem is here : all the source files are compiled with the -g flag
which might be the debug flag. (On the other hand, the option -DNDEBUG
is defined : it's normal !)

Then my question is :
Is exist a flag/option to run the shell script named 'configure'
allowing to remove the '-g' flag located in the generated makefile ?

Thanks