compile python in release...

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jun 3 10:13:56 EDT 2005

[mg]

> My problem is here : all the source files are compiled with the -g
> flag which might be the debug flag. (On the other hand, the option
> -DNDEBUG is defined : it's normal !) Then my question is : Is exist
> a flag/option to run the shell script named 'configure' allowing to
> remove the '-g' flag located in the generated makefile ?

There is no relation between `-g' and `-DNDEBUG', they control different
things.  What people usually do is leaving `-g' for compilation and
linking, but stripping the resulting binary or library at installation
time.

See the documentation of `strip' and the `-s' option of `install'.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca