What is different with Python ?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Jun 17 08:40:47 EDT 2005

Andrea Griffini wrote:
> Is C++ a good first programming language ?
>
> BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D
>
> But apparently some guru I greatly respect thinks so
> (I'm not kidding, http://www.spellen.org/youcandoit/).

With respect to the author, and an understanding that there is probably
much that didn't go into his self-description (add "about.htm" to the
above URL), it sounds as though he knows primarily, perhaps solely, C
and C++, and has done relatively little serious development since he
seems to have spent most of his time either teaching or writing (words,
not source code).

Does he even *know* any real high level languages such as Python?

And the fact that he's teaching C++ instead of just C seems to go
against your own theories anyway... (though I realize you weren't
necessarily putting him forth as a support for your position).

-Peter