When someone from Britain speaks, Americans hear a "British accent"...

Luis M. Gonzalez luismgz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:31:35 EDT 2005

Well, yes, it is kinda off topic, but very interesting...
Being myself an argentine with spanish as mother tongue and a very bad
English, it's hard foro me to tell the difference between accents. I can
hardly tell an Irish from an English...
But what I did tell is the broad range of different accents within London
when I visited the city in 2001.

Some people seemed to speak very clear to me, and others seemed to be
speaking german!
And as far as I know, all these people were british, not immigrants (and
very hard to find indeed...).

Cheers,
Luis