When someone from Britain speaks, Americans hear a "British accent"...

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jun 30 10:56:33 EDT 2005

On 2005-06-30, Luis M. Gonzalez <luismgz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, yes, it is kinda off topic, but very interesting...
> Being myself an argentine with spanish as mother tongue and a
> very bad English, it's hard foro me to tell the difference
> between accents. I can hardly tell an Irish from an English...
> But what I did tell is the broad range of different accents
> within London when I visited the city in 2001.
>
> Some people seemed to speak very clear to me, and others
> seemed to be speaking german!

I'm an American who grew up watching plenty of BBC, and I run
into afew native Londoners whom I have hard time understanding.
I don't ever remember having troubly understanding people
outside the city.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I KAISER ROLL?! What
                                  at               good is a Kaiser Roll