login website that using PHP

frost hongli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:11:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to login a website that using PHP and javascript. This is
what happend if you browse that website using IE, after you login, you
can go anywhere without enter your name and password again, as long as
you keep that IE open, but after you close that IE, then later on open
that website in a new window, you need to login again. I guess some
session is created as long as your original login window dose not
close.

How I can handle this in python? I want get some information from that
website. But the login page is not what I want, how can I simulate
regular IE browser? I mean after I login, I can get to other pages from
it, but I find my programe can't go other place except the login page.

Hope you could understand my question. Thank you very much!