login website that using PHP

Tim Williams listserver at tdw.net
Mon Jun 20 05:57:14 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "frost" <hongli at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to login a website that using PHP and javascript. This is
> what happend if you browse that website using IE, after you login, you
> can go anywhere without enter your name and password again, as long as
> you keep that IE open, but after you close that IE, then later on open
> that website in a new window, you need to login again. I guess some
> session is created as long as your original login window dose not
> close.
>
> How I can handle this in python? I want get some information from that
> website. But the login page is not what I want, how can I simulate
> regular IE browser? I mean after I login, I can get to other pages from
> it, but I find my programe can't go other place except the login page.

Depending on your requirements,  "ishy_browser"  might help,  I found it the
very quick and easy to get running.   It controls an IE window on your
desktop and gives you access to each page's "objects".   You need
winGuiAuto to get it to work, but that's trivial.

You can either import the script as a module,  or wirte your own _main_
based on the one in the script.

I heard about it on this list.

HTH :)