Dynamic class inheritance && something else

Chinook chinook.nr at tds.net
Tue Jun 14 22:16:20 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:39:09 -0400, Vero wrote
(in article <20050614163909.19881.qmail at web61025.mail.yahoo.com>):

> Hi.  My name is Veronica, I am a master student at UNAM.  I am working on
> something related to Artificial Inteligence and I have been looking for the
> most appropriated programming language to implement my algorithms.  I found
> python to be very close to what I need, but there are still a couple of
> details that I haven't been able to solve.
>
> First, (and most important) I would like to be able to dynamically modify the

> classes from which a class inherits.  I haven't found any way to do it with
> the language as it is.  If there is a way, any suggestion will be truly
> appreciated.  If I had to modify the source code to achieve this, I hope that

> you could give me some hints; I have an idea of how something like this could

> be achieved but since I don't know deeply the python sourcode I could get
> lost.
>
> Second, since my program will be modifying classes during run time, I would
> like to have a way to write on a file the python code that would have defined

> the class with the functions and attributes as they were left, just as if it
> had been writen like that at the very begining.  I need it to be python code
> because I will be using that latter.  Maybe I will have to solve this second
> problem by myself but I just wrote in case anybody had a good idea.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>

> Vero
>
>   La sociedad es inherentemente democrática: la mayoría decide si pensar p
or
> si misma o si dejar que alguien más les diga qué pensar.
>
>  http://mx.geocities.com/aqua_azul_2000/

> Correo Yahoo!
> Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/

I'm not going to show my ignorance by noting the half-baked thoughts I had
when reading your post,  but I will point you at the article that initiated
my thoughts so you might form your own (fully baked hopefully :~).

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pymeta.html

Lee C