import error on solaris

Atul Kshirsagar atulkshirsagar at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 17:41:10 EDT 2005

Hello,
I am embedding python in C++ using SWIG.
* The appication runs as a server.
* Mutiple clients send requests which execute some
python scripts with import statements.
* Each request is handled in a separate thread which
has its own interepreter for script execution.
* Requests are succesfully completed fine for some
time and then I see some "ImportErrors" for example
"ImportError: No module named string"

Apart from these python replated errors I see some
"too many files open" errors in my other server code.

Other than solaris things work fine on other unix
platforms and windos too. One additional thing I do
for solaris is
"import DLFCN; sys.setdlopenflags(DLFCN.RTLD_NOW |
DLFCN.RTLD_PARENT);"

One of my question is, is importing some module create
a file handle ?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Atul Kshirsagar