What is different with Python ?

Philippe C. Martin philippe at philippecmartin.com
Sun Jun 12 15:08:54 EDT 2005

Taking stuff for granted in unrelated to progress.

I agree that the "trade" of software engineering evolves and that, thanks to
hardware advances, we _usually_ can now "object orient" our software, add
billions of abstraction layers, and consume memory without a second
thought. But the trade evolves in the sense "sub"-trades are created, one
person becomes a database experts while another will html all of his/her
life (I personally find that sad). I'm being redundant here: The reason we
can use Python and take many issues for granted is because some very
skilled people handle the issues we find cumbersome.