Embedded Systems Python?

Michael Sparks zathras at thwackety.com
Mon Jun 20 15:16:29 EDT 2005

Dennis Clark wrote:
>   Has anyone, or is anyone working with Python in an embedded Linux
> environment?  Mine is NO where near as constrained as a cell phone since
> I've got plenty of memory to work with, I'm just running a Linux 2.4
> kernel on an ARM9 platform.

This really shouldn't be a problem - especially given python can be made
to run on mobile phones (Nokia Series 60). We've found using python on
Series 60 phones to be quite useful, so if you're using a linux box, you're
presumably got more memory/CPU available than there, so I doubt you'll
see major problems.

Regards,

Michael.
--