MoinMoin WikiName and python regexes

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:33:23 EDT 2005

"Ara.T.Howard" <Ara.T.Howard at noaa.gov> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.62.0506080907300.18046 at harp.ngdc.noaa.gov...
> i'm trying to fix a bug in MoinMoin whereby

A 'bug' is a discrepancy between promise (specification) and perfomance
(implementation).  Have you really found such -- does MoinMoin not follow
the Wiki standard -- or are you just trying to customize MoinMoin to your
different specification.

>   WordsWithTwoCapsInARowLike
>                     ^^
> do not become WikiNames.

Would your proposed change to make the above into an Wiki name also make
all-cap sequences like NATO, FTP, and API into WikiNames and do you really
want that?  If WikiNum, appearing one place, were also mistyped as WikeNUm
(from holding down the shift key too long, which I do occasionally), should
the latter become a separate WikiName?  I can certainly understand why the
Wike designers might have answered both questions 'No."

Terry J. Reedy