Fast text display?

Riccardo Galli riccardo_cut1 at cut2_sideralis.net
Wed Jun 8 20:22:08 EDT 2005

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:58:00 -0700, Paul Rubin wrote:

> Christopher Subich <spam.csubich+block at block.subich.spam.com> writes:
>>  > Use tkinter if you care about cross-platform operation.  Everything
>>  > else requires downloading and installing separate toolkits.
>>
>> Oh, the downloading and installing isn't a big deal.  If in the
>> far-flung future anyone else uses this program, they'll be big boys who
>> can install things themselves. :)
>
> No, it's a big pain.  I'm a big boy and gave up on trying to install
> wxpython for bittorrent on FC3 (the problem was with wxwidgets needing an
> obsolete version of gtk, not with wxpython itself).  There's just no
> compelling reason to want to deal with this stuff.  Tkinter has its warts
> but it allows making functional gui's without all that much fuss.

Using tkinter doesn't need downloading and installing only in Windows.
In *nix is not so common to have tcl/tk installed (and probably in Mac too)

GUI cross platform need external support, in a OS or in another.

Bye,
Riccardo

--
Riccardo Galli