What is different with Python ?

Mike Meyer mwm at idiom.com
Mon Jun 20 19:21:58 EDT 2005

Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> writes:

> Andrea Griffini wrote:
> > Wow... I always get surprises from physics. For example I
> > thought that no one could drop confutability requirement
> > for a theory in an experimental science...
>
> Some physicists (often mathematical physicists) propose
> alternate worlds because the math is interesting.

Mathematicians, on the other hand, tried to demonstrate that their
alternate worlds couldn't exist - and found the math in their failures
interesting. Hence we get non-euclidean geometries and other
interesting things - that physicists find useful. (To be fair, some
of the alternate mathematical world were first explored by physicists).

        <mike