What is different with Python ?

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au
Wed Jun 15 01:31:06 EDT 2005

Andrea Griffini wrote:

> A friend of mine however told me that this principle that
> I thought was fundamental for talking about science has
> indeed been sacrified to get unification. I was told that
> in physics there are current theories for which there
> is no hypotetical experiment that could prove them wrong...
> (superstrings may be ? it was a name like that but I
> don't really remember).

I think either you or your friend has misunderstood.
There are a number of physics theories where we are
rapidly approaching the point that there are no
PRACTICAL tests we can apply, not that there are no
hypothetical tests imaginable. Physicists are aware of,
and disturbed by, the problem with this situation, and
they like it no better than you do.

--
Steven.