What is different with Python ?

Andrea Griffini agriff at tin.it
Tue Jun 14 03:15:59 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:18:06 GMT, Andrew Dalke
<dalke at dalkescientific.com> wrote:

>In programming you're often given a result ("an inventory
>management system") and you're looking for a solution which
>combines models of how people, computers, and the given domain work.

Yes, at this higher level I agree. But not on how
a computer works. One thing is applied math, another
thing is math itself. When you're trying to find a solution
of a problem it's often the fine art of compromise.

>Science also has its purely observational domains.

I agree that "applied CS" is one of them (I mean the
art of helping people by using computers). But not
about the language or explaining how computers work.
I know that looking at the art of installing (or
uninstalling!) windows applications seems that
this is a completely irrational world where no rule
indeed exists... but this is just an illusion; there
are clear rules behind it and, believe it or not, we
know *all* of them.

Andrea