What is different with Python ?

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Tue Jun 14 11:58:36 EDT 2005

> > High and low tides aren't caused by the moon.
> They're not???

I suppose, that the trick here is to state,
that not the moon, but the earth rotation relative
to the moon causes it, so putting the moon at
cause is considered wrong, because its existance
alone were not the cause for high and low tides
in case both rotations were at synch. It is probably
a much more complicated thingy where also the
sun and maybe even the planets must be
considered if going into the details, but this is
another chapter.

I experienced once a girl who pointing me to the
visible straight beams from earth to sky one can see
as result of sunlight coming through the clouds
said: "look, along this visible beams the water from
the lake wents upwards and builds the clouds".
She was very convinced it's true, because she
learned it at school, so I had no chance to go the
details explaining, that there is no need for the
visible straight light beams coming through the
holes in the clouds for it.

I can imagine, that many believe that the
moon is orbiting each day around the earth
even if they know, that earth rotates around
its own axle and around the sun. Its not that
important for them to ask for details, so that
is the mechanism how the "lies" are born -
caused by lack of the necessity or the laziness
to achieve deeper understanding.

Claudio

news:roy-4CB4D1.08590614062005 at reader1.panix.com...