Idle.pyw doesn't start in 2.4.1

Dave dave925 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 22:54:52 EDT 2005

Hi, I installed 2.4.1 on both my wife's & my computer.
Her idle (pyw) starts fine, but mine doesn't.  I have
had previous versions on my computer as well as idlefork,
but I removed them before installing 2.4.1.  I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and my
idle.pyw file does not respond.

When I click the idle.py file, it starts a console with
the following error message printed 13 times:

 Warning: configHandler.py - IdleConf.GetThemeDict -
 problem retrieving theme element 'builtin-background'
 from theme 'test'.
 returning default value: '#ffffff'

 Warning: configHandler.py - IdleConf.GetThemeDict -
 problem retrieving theme element 'builtin-foreground'
 from theme 'test'.
 returning default value: '#000000'

Then it boots a blank idle window with white menus.
My wife's pull-down menus are gray.  I don't know if
the color is a clue to anything or not.  Anyone else
have this problem, know why it happened, or know how
to solve it?  Yes, I could just use the idle that boots
with idle.py, but I'm just wondering why her install
produced a clean working version and my install came
with this bug?  Thanks -Dave