os.system(cmd) isn't working

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jun 23 23:02:11 EDT 2005

Terry Hancock wrote:
> On Thursday 23 June 2005 01:19 am, Paul Watson wrote:
>
>>"Gregory Piñero" <gregpinero at gmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:mailman.787.1119499378.10512.python-list at python.org...
>>os.system(r'"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"' + '
>>"www.blendedtechnologies.com"')
>>
> You don't have any spaces between the command and the argument,

I spent a while trying to prove that to myself as well, but eventually I
concluded that the fact that the ' and the " after the plus sign are on
separate lines must mean that there was whitespace between them, or the
line break would have occurred before the ' ...  but it did seem like a
good theory while it lasted. ;-)

-Peter