What is different with Python ?

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Tue Jun 14 04:56:46 EDT 2005

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:02:29AM +0000, Andrea Griffini wrote:
>> Caching is indeed very important, and sometimes the difference
>> is huge.
> Easy Question:
> You've got 2 programs that are running in parallel.
> Without basic knowledge about caches, the naive answer would be that
> the programs will probably run double time. The reality is different.

Okay, I admit I'm making a comment almost solely to have
Andrea, Andreas and Andrew in the same thread.

I've seen superlinear and sublinear performance for this.
Superlinear when the problem fits into 2x cache size but not
1x cache size and is nicely decomposable, and sublinear when
the data doesn't have good processor affinity.

Do I get an A for Andre.*?  :)

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com