Wheel-reinvention with Python

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Sun Jul 31 08:01:56 EDT 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:

[ Having GUI stuff included on a standard installation of Python ]

> However, you can get compilers for both that come bundled with a good
> GUI library. Could it be that that's what you really want - someone to
> distribute Python bundled with an enterprise-class GUI library and
> IDE?

And then you are going to have three or four different distributors of
Python using three or four different GUI toolkits and also python.org
distributing Python for free without any (or with TKinter)...  Which one
will be the "standard" distributor so that it gets documented and adopted?

In an international project I see othe problems as well -- cost, logistics,
S&H, customs, etc.

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>