how to retrive highlighted text in a browser?

Jordan Rastrick jrastrick at student.usyd.edu.au
Sun Jul 3 05:25:34 EDT 2005

I don't know how hard this would be to do in Python - appending text to
a file is straightforward, but it sounds like you'd need to extend the
browser itself to get the functionality you want. The most obvious
choice if you want an extensible browser is Mozilla Firefox
(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/), but AFAIK its extensions
are written in C++, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to get Python
into the mix.

If you do get this working, I'd love to hear about it! I've wanted this
feature in browers for a long time.