how to retrive highlighted text in a browser?

wcc wccppp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 04:35:18 EDT 2005

Hello group,

When browsing websites, quite often I have to look up words in
dictionary.  I'm hoping that I can come up with a python program that
does the following:

When I highlight some text in browser and right-click, besides the
default options such as COPY, PASTE, etc, I want an option that says
"Send to file", something like that.  The file is a text file, with
fixed path. When I select this option, the highlighted text will be
appended to the text file.  This way, I can collect those words &
phrases that I don't know.

Is this going to be a difficult task?  I'm a newbie in python. TIA for
your help.

- wcc