Considering moving from Delphi to Python [Some questions]

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:55:15 EDT 2005

> I want some feedback on folllwing:
> anybody who has experience in writing SOAP servers in Python and data
> entry heavy web applications.
> Any suggestions?
> darkcowherd

I have never written SOAP Servers. But I have very very good experience
in creating entry heavy web application using Python and Quixote;
Webserver Medusa.

The current entry forms have at maximum 700 distinct entries, of which
groups can be multiplied via XMLHTTPRequest and DOM-Modifikation
without page reloading.
Speed is great. Because of very slow rendering and various buggies
within IE (beast took longer to render then me to deliver) we switched
to Firefox.

System is performing adequately well and is being constantly extended;
Pythons clear structure makes that easy.

Hope that helps,

Harald