Considering moving from Delphi to Python [Some questions]

malkarouri at gmail.com malkarouri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:30:00 EDT 2005

Dark Cowherd wrote:
> Stupid of me.
>
> I want some feedback on folllwing:
> anybody who has experience in writing SOAP servers in Python and data
> entry heavy web applications.
> Any suggestions?
> darkcowherd

Check ZSI, or SOAPPY, both on Python Web Services
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
I usually use ZSI. You cannot generate wsdl files from python code, so
if I were in your shoes I would write the Delphi side and generate the
wsdl file then use it in python.

I never tested interoperability of Delphi & ZSI by the way, though I
would love to. Please inform us if you do try it.

btw, elementtree has an attempt at elementsoap but i don't think they
went very far..

cheers,