PIL question: keeping metadata

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Sun Jul 3 15:23:16 EDT 2005

Ilpo Nyyssönen napisał(a):

>>>Is there any way of keeping this info in PIL?
>>
>>I don't think so... when I investigated in the past, I think I
>>discovered that the PIL can't write EXIF data (I might be wrong,
>>though, or my information might be outdated).
>
> There is this:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/2004-September/002931.html

It would be nice to have general EXIF module, the one that is able to
read and write image metadata. Consider such case: you want to rotate
some image from digital camera, but don't want to remove completely the
whole EXIF metadata -- modifying one field would be sufficient.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/