Outlook COM: how to create a MailItem from a .msg file

guy lateur guy.lateurNNOOSSPPAAMM at pandora.be
Tue Jul 5 16:16:42 EDT 2005

"Tim Williams (gmail)" <tdwdotnet at gmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:mailman.1383.1120593403.10512.python-list at python.org...
> Could you SMTP it back in ?   It would gain an extra Received: header
> but the rest of the email would most likely be unaltered.

I don't understand what you mean. How does this have to do with connecting
to the (probably-not-running) IMAP service?

> Not my area of expertise I'm afraid.    If you manually run the script
> then you could use getpass() to prompt you for the password at run
> time.

Not mine either.. ;)
I'd like to avoid having the user type in a pw every time. Outlook doesn't
seem to need that, so, unless that's unsafe, why should I? Or could I get xp
to 'remember' it? Btw, Outlook does ask permission if you try to, say, read
the body of message.

Anyway, the approach I suggested earlier (pw encrypted using key) is
probably unlikely to solve the security issue, either. I mean, if the key
itself (or a reference to it) is in my code, then anyone reading that code
can decrypt it, right?