Thoughts on Guido's ITC audio interview

George Sakkis gsakkis at rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 7 20:02:37 EDT 2005

"Tony Meyer" <t-meyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> The problem with Eclipse, IMO, is Java.  I've tried 3.1 on a WinXP machine
> and, like just about any Java program, it's incredibly slow and a real pain
> to use.  On a (similarly spec'd) Mac OS X Tiger machine, it runs nice and
> smoothly and is reasonably nice to use.  I'd happily recommend that Mac
> users try Eclipse, but never a Windows (Python) programmer.
>
> =Tony.Meyer

Your first sentence contradicts the rest of your post; how is Java the
problem if it runs nice on a Mac and is sluggish on Windows ? At best
this may say something about the difference in perfomance between the
two JREs (assuming that most Windows and Mac users of Eclipse have
similar experience with yours).

George