Thoughts on Guido's ITC audio interview

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jul 7 19:35:06 EDT 2005

> Everyone complaining about Eclipse in this thread needs to go
> try 3.1. The interface is much much much more responsive.

The problem with Eclipse, IMO, is Java.  I've tried 3.1 on a WinXP machine
and, like just about any Java program, it's incredibly slow and a real pain
to use.  On a (similarly spec'd) Mac OS X Tiger machine, it runs nice and
smoothly and is reasonably nice to use.  I'd happily recommend that Mac
users try Eclipse, but never a Windows (Python) programmer.

=Tony.Meyer