What are the other options against Zope?

phil phillip.watts at anvilcom.com
Sat Jul 2 17:26:22 EDT 2005

> either... It sits under... <G>

Well that's a relief, cause ...sits on top of....
was confusing.

> A rather object-oriented system for managing and serving web
> applications and data (using object inheritance for common behavior,
> etc.) This makes Zope a toolkit, not an end application itself.

So that would make it Apache, with a Python CGI. Oh wait, Apache has
a Python CGI which can access Data bases and send objects to the client.

A web application is you deliver am html page and the user fills
in some forms, then submits the form, which is then validated
and another form is delivered. Right?  Cool idea, IBM had that in
1975 it was called CICS.

I once asked my son-in-law tech support guy what is the Windows
registry, what does it do?  He thought for a while and said
"Think of it as the soul of the machine".  So I thought about it
as the soul of the machine for a while, then I asked;
"You don't know, do you", and he said "No."