distutils is able to handle...

Tue Jul 5 07:20:29 EDT 2005

Hello

I work on an finite element framework and Python bindings have been
developped.
Actually, we use Boost.Build as build system but we would like to change
it.

We have two kinds of problems. First, the framework is used for generate
pure C++ applications with static libraries ; second, the framework have
some dependencies to fortran projects.
Then, in order to know if Distutils can be use in our case, I would like
to know if :
- Can distutil compile static C/C++ libraries ?
- Can distutil compile C/C++ applications ?
- Can distutil manage fortran compiler and compile fortran libraries and
applications ?

Thank for your answers