How to send broadcast message over network and collect all the IP address?

Sandeep Arya d0153030 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:36:52 EDT 2005

Hello to all

Well this is my first mail on this list. I am facing a problem associated
with collecting IP address on my network.

What i thought is to send broadcast packet over the network and then
recieving back the reply from the computers and bridges connected to my
network and then adding their IP Address in a list.

How this can be achieved? Say my computer on which application will run's IP
is 192.168.100.254 and subnetmask is 255.255.255.0

How to do this in core Python?

Sandeep