How to send broadcast message over network and collect all the IP address?

Sandeep Arya d0153030 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:02:42 EDT 2005

Hello

I got one reply two days back regarding this from Francesco. Thanks.

I came to know that inorder to run any ARP request one need to be superuser.
Is this correct? And also I came to know that on some OS like Win XP with
SP2 does not go for ARP requests. Again Is this correct?

In this case How to effeciently detect computers on my network? The method
which can be scalable and portable...

I am thinking of one method i.e. sending Broadcast packets on my network.
But I do not know how can i will get the IP addresses return back. I have
gone thru socket library. I found one function recvfrom(). Does this will
help??

Can any body give me an idea how to use this??

Thanking You

Sandeep