Wheel-reinvention with Python

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sun Jul 31 10:02:15 EDT 2005

On Saturday 30 July 2005 01:54 am, Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Calvin Spealman <ironfroggy at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The choice is GUI toolkits is largely seperate from
> > Python. Consider that they are just bindings to libraries that are
> > developed completely seperate of the language. GUI is should be
> > seperate from the language, and thus not bound to same
> > expectations and desires as elements of the language itself.
>
> I disagree.  A modern language must provide a convenient and
> well-embedded way to write GUI applications.

I know I'm diving into this conversation late, and I haven't read
the whole thread, but has someone yet mentioned the
"anygui" project?  This has stalled, but it was IMHO a good idea.

It sounds as if you are re-voicing the need that instigated the
project in the first place.

http://anygui.sourceforge.net/

AFAIK, the project stalled because not enough people were
sufficiently interested in the need.  Some people said that
just using  wx or Tkinter was easier.