multiple inheritance super()

rafi rafi at free.fr
Thu Jul 28 15:39:15 EDT 2005

Michele Simionato wrote:
>>http://fuhm.org/super-harmful/
>

> That is a pretty good page; I must say that my position is more radical
> (i.e. it is not super which
> is harmful, it is multiple inheritance itself that it is harmful: was I
> going to design a new language
> I would implement it *without* multiple inheritance).
>
>    Michele Simionato

I do not agree on that point: Nobody is forced to used multiple
inheritance, and when it is the right solution to be used, then it would
be a shame not to have it. I remember the pain it was to implement some
CORBA stuff using Java (moreover compared to C++) because of the lack of
multiple inheritance.

--
rafi

	                            (Albert Einstein)