question about introspection using inspect module

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Jul 8 00:33:13 EDT 2005

Benjamin Rutt <rutt at bmi.osu.edu> writes:
> what I am actually trying to do is to build a database of Python
> modules.  so then later, I can write a tool in my favorite editor
> (Emacs) to invoke some forms of completion against this database
> (e.g. os.remov<TAB> or socket.<TAB> to see a list of all socket module
> definitions).

The problem with that is that Python is dynamic, so the list of
completions may change over time. Not very likely, I know, but still...

Have you considered writing this tool in Python, with Pymacs <URL:
http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca/ >? That way, you could get the list
at runtime with a  dir(module).

   <mike