httplib/HTTPS Post Problem

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Mon Jul 11 09:52:52 EDT 2005

Am Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:29:23 -0700 schrieb michaelparkin:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to post what might seem like a trivial problem here, but its
> driving me mad!
>
> I have a simple https client that uses httplib to post data to a web
> server.
>
> When I post over http & https using curl the data is recieved by the
> web server with no problems.
>
> When I post using my python client the headers get there, but the body
> of the message does not.

Hi,

can you look at the access log of the server? A slash at the
end of a URL is important (www.google.com/ is different from
www.google.com)

response = connection.getresponse()
What does "print response" do?

You can listen on the wire with ethereal (Capture, then "follow tcp-stream")

 HTH,
   Thomas

--
Thomas Güttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/