Packages and modules

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Tue Jul 26 11:39:44 EDT 2005

> > no executable code in
> > __init__.py is executed, even though "import test" seems to succeed.

I've discovered that "import test" *does* cause executable code in the
package to be executed. However, I can't execute it on the command line
using "python test". Is there a way to do this?

> There _is_ a standard library package called test

Oh, you're right. But I've renamed the module to XYZ and I still have
the problem.

--
  They had a big meeting, drank some beer and had some pizza and
  decided 'A' would be 65.