Packages and modules

Dan Richter dan at cellectivity.com
Tue Jul 26 10:48:52 EDT 2005

I'm trying to create a package+module structure, specifically a "test"
package with all the unit tests. I'd like to have a package (directory)
"test" that has various test modules, and I'd also like "test" itself to
be a module that runs all the tests. Is this not possible?

I created a directory called "test" with an __init__.py file that
defines a variable __all__. That works, but no executable code in
__init__.py is executed, even though "import test" seems to succeed. I
have confirmed that it's not a naming conflict (i.e., there's not some
other Python module also named "test").

--
   I had picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other
   things. I decided to let Jon have this.