Advanced concurrancy

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:06:34 EDT 2005

Twisted [1] includes lots of support for asyncronous concurrency,
using deferreds. There is also the possiblity of PEP 342's [2]
concurrency through enhanced generators, and being able to pass data
to the generator every iteration. There are ways to simulate this, as
well. I've written a recipe [3] for it over at ASPN.

Personally, I like the generator approach better, because it gives a
feel of threads, but with direct control of the timeslicing, a better
sense of understanding, and doesn't rely on things happening in the
background, like deferreds often do.